Shipping Policies & Information
Please read and understand all of the information below before purchasing a lift. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the DCI Customer Service department at email@example.com or 602-252-2968.
- All lift shipments will be delivered via a common carrier such as Old Dominion or Yellow Freight on an enclosed semi trailer approximately 53 foot in length. Occasionally freight may be delivered on a flatbed.
- Residential deliveries cannot be made if the carrier cannot drive a 50 foot semi in the neighborhood due to local ordinances or because of obstacles preventing this size of vehicle from safely maneuvering through the neighborhood.
- The driver is not responsible for unloading the equipment.
- The driver is an employee of the carrier and any complaints about delivery should be directed to the carrier’s customer service department.
- To unload the lift you will require a forklift, backhoe, or similar equipment that has the capacity to lift and move 1500 to 3000 pounds depending on model ordered.
- Due to equipment size, lift-gate deliveries are not available.
- Carriers will not allow you to remove the lift one piece at a time; the complete lift must be removed all at once.
- Carriers will not and do not guarantee specific delivery times or dates.
- Carriers can call 24 hours before delivery to schedule delivery if requested at the time the order is placed. Usually this is done at no cost, but occasionally there may be a fee for this service.
- If any of the above create problems accepting delivery you can arrange to pick the lift up at our Phoenix warehouse, have it shipped to a location that has the required equipment to unload, or you can have the carrier hold the delivery at a local terminal for pick-up. We will need this information at the time the order is placed. There will be fees from the carrier for any changes made after shipment.
- If you decide to pickup your lift from a warehouse you will need a trailer to safely haul your lift. A four post lift is approximately 16 feet long and a two post lift is approximately 10 feet long, so make sure your trailer is long enough for the lift.
- All shipments are shipped "FOB Origin" which means the shipper pays the carrier for shipment at the time of pickup. The shipper bills the customer for freight and the customer owns the equipment while in transit and must file any claims for damage with the carrier.
If your shipment is damaged you have two options:
1) ACCEPTING AN ITEM WITH FREIGHT DAMAGE.
Choose this option if you only have minor cosmetic damage or a part that needs replaced to make the unit complete. Make note of the damage on the freight bill prior to signing and accepting delivery. You will be responsible for filing the freight damage claim with the carrier; the driver can provide a number for you to call his terminal to begin the process. Once you have filed the claim, DCI can provide any replacement parts or touch up paint needed should you choose this option and the carrier should reimburse you for the cost of these items. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the DCI Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-252-2968.
2) REFUSE THE DAMAGED ITEM.
Choose this option if the carrier has severely damaged the freight beyond your judgment of a simple repair. DCI will file all freight claims if refused due to severe damage. Make a copy of the freight bill and fax to 602-244-1850 or email it to email@example.com with a brief explanation of the damage. If this is not possible, call DCI at 602-252-2968 to notify us of the damage so that we can arrange to have a replacement lift shipped.
Shipping GARAGE EQUIPMENT…
Most Garage Equipment sold at DCI/Southwest Direct-lift will be shipped from either our Arizona warehouse or directly from the given manufacturer. Various carriers/policies will be employed as new items are added to the “DCI Store”. As special shipping arrangements become necessary with specific items/categories (as with the Lifts above), the policies on this page will be amended accordingly. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the DCI Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-252-2968.